Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys right now on my truck i have a 4inch exhaust that exit in the rear like most...but id like to change it up and maybe put it in front of the rear tire....anyone know where i could maybe get a pipe that will just go on the exhaust i already have...and not have to buy a whole new system...any help would be great

Thanks
Cody

·
Registered
816 Posts
EBAY!!! I bought a 90* pipe and put a tip on it. LOUD!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinkin i could get something on ebay, but not sure wat to call it...and wat about mounts, will it just stay there with out an brackets? Im wanting to put a 7inch or 8inch tip on it

·
Registered
675 Posts
Do you think it will make the wheel get black/dirtier faster?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not gonna help it stay clean....but i dont think it will be terrible....as long as u dont dump all kinds of smoke all the time....but i need to find some pipe.....no ****

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'll bet you could take the hoop that goes over you axle and and create the exact curve you need to get the exhaust to exit in front of the tire. You should have almost 180* worth of bent 4", just cut it and weld where you need it. You might need to cut a few sections and *** straight pipe in between but I'm sure it could be done.

Unless your truck is black I would keep a can of brake clean in your truck to clean the soot off every week.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I'll bet you could take the hoop that goes over you axle and and create the exact curve you need to get the exhaust to exit in front of the tire. You should have almost 180* worth of bent 4", just cut it and weld where you need it. You might need to cut a few sections and *** straight pipe in between but I'm sure it could be done.

Unless your truck is black I would keep a can of brake clean in your truck to clean the soot off every week.
x2..you should be able to use your stock exhaust to make the side pipe. As long as you can cut and weld. BTW, I have a 5" sidepipe, and yes, it will make that wheel black. I wash my truck once a week, and its still very much noticibly blacker than the other 3. I use a pressure washer and simple green and I still have to scrub the wheel by hand, that soot sticks. Its not like brake dust. I dont regret it, but if you dont wash your truck religiously, I wouldnt do it.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't cut and weld...well I could cut but no welder and I would like to keep that pipe just in case I want to go back....and not to worried bout it getting dirty truck gets washed at least once a week

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
well just cut the pipe u have, put a 45 elbow, then a miter cut straight pipe about 2 feet after that, and call it a day! Mine was all custom, but they reused the 2 factory hangers up front, so no need to mess with those.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts