1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 with the 6.0 power stroke, would it hurt anything if i
cut the cat converter and muffler out and just put in a piece of
straight pipe ???
Or would i be better off going with a cat back system and keeping the converter ???
Money is kind of tight.
Thanks for all your help!
05 f350 crew cab longbed

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
could probably get it done at a muffler shop for about $50 bucks

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
WELCOME to the ORG. :)
Won't hurt a thing, you're good. Going a bit larger than stock you'll really enjoy. :thumb:

·
Registered
578 Posts
:ORG welcome: i second that what rodslinger said

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the help, do you know where i can buy the muffler or cat delete pipe?
All the aftermarket exhaust i see in the mags dont say anything about muffler or cat delete pipes, just complete systems with mufflers or catback. Thanks again everyone

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I really think you'll just end up spending more money going that route. I think it will be cheaper to go to your local muffler shop and ask them to weld in a piece of straight pipe.

·
Registered
529 Posts
if you dont wanna spend too much money just cut out the cat and muffler and weld in a piece of straight pipe. as for a kit, they usually come with enough extra pipe to delete everything

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i seen one for like 50 or 60 bucks somewhere online here google it and you should find something

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
Welcome to the .org talk with farmboysdiesel here and he sells very good 4inch turbo back systems with cat and muff delete for very cheap and its very good stuff!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I unbolted everything after the downpipe then put a 90degree bend on and it dumps right after the passenger side door. sounds amazing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts