Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences in 4 and 5 inch down pipe back exhaust. Like performance wise and sound wise or anything else. Needing an “off-road exhaust”

·
Super Moderator
9,472 Posts
People say the 4" may give a drone, 5" is said to be a "preferred" sound output. Outside of that....no real difference.

My 4" with a MagnaFlow rear section has a nice tone.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Only difference is 5” has a deeper tone to it no power gains 1vs the other just sound.

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only difference is 5” has a deeper tone to it no power gains 1vs the other just sound.
Is the 5 any louder I’ve got just the DPF delete pipe right now with the stock back half and it pretty much sounds stock besides at idle.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Not necessarily louder just a deeper overall rumble and tone to it.

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is the 5 any louder I’ve got just the DPF delete pipe right now with the stock back half and it pretty much sounds stock besides at idle.
Just did a 5 on mine . When I step on it it sounds like a F18 taking off.. other then that just a bit deeper then stock not much louder.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So since I already have a delete pipe in place of the dpf. Would I be better off just doing 5 inch from delete pipe back to save money since it won’t be much louder either way?

·
Registered
59 Posts
So since I already have a delete pipe in place of the dpf. Would I be better off just doing 5 inch from delete pipe back to save money since it won’t be much louder either way?
I dont see why not. Do that and maybe get a 6" exhaust tip. Should sound pretty good with 5" on the back half.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts