Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im new to the forum and could use some help.
I have a 2014 6.7 that I bought used a year ago with 55k miles... It now has 74k.
While driving back to Austin from Houston today the check engine light came on and the warning Exhaust Filter Over Limit Service Now came on. The truck got a bit sluggish so I drove it for another 5 miles and found a place to pull over. I shut it off for a while and researched the warning on my phone and learned that the warning had to do with the DPF. I restarted it after about 10 minutes and kept driving... all normal . The warning was gone but the check engine light was still on. It drove fine for another hour and the warning came back on. I was about 20 miles from home so just drove it on in.
The truck's EGR and DPF were deleted and straight piped by the previous owner. He also installed an EZ LYNC tuner.
Any ideas as to why Im getting this warning?

Thanks in advance,
Joey

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update... I learned a few things.
1. Fuel filter bowl on frame was not screwed in all the way... this was causing a low fuel pressure warning. Trying to be careful not to over tighten, i was a complete turn too loose. There is a tab that is a hard stop, just dont crank on it.

2. My EZ Lync module had to be reset. Once I reset it, I read my codes and cleared them. Drove the truck and no more issues.

Im guessing that on my long drive that the low fuel pressure eventually triggered the exhaust filter warning... not sure those are connected, but it kinda makes sense... low pressure issue in triggers exhaust issue out... Lets see what happens after a while of driving. If I get any more info, ill update again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1. Fuel filter bowl on frame was not screwed in all the way... this was causing a low fuel pressure warning. Trying to be careful not to over tighten, i was a complete turn too loose. There is a tab that is a hard stop, just dont crank on it.

2. My EZ Lync module had to be reset. Once I reset it, I read my codes and cleared them. Drove the truck and no more issues.

Im guessing that on my long drive that the low fuel pressure eventually triggered the exhaust filter warning... not sure those are connected, but it kinda makes sense... low pressure issue in triggers exhaust issue out... Lets see what happens after a while of driving. If I get any more info, ill update again.
I have a 14 f250 6.7 deleted/tuned with ez lynk, 5” exhaust. I was on my way home and got the same warning light “exhaust filter over Limit” the tuck felt sluggish the the engine cut off i checked my filter bowl and it was a half turn loose. I drained a little out earlier that day several hours before this happened. Do you think the same thing will fix mine?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Turns out my injection pump blew sending metal particles through my entire high pressure fuel system. I had to get a new pump, lines, rail and injectors

·
Registered
283 Posts
Was it the low pressure pump that took out the high pressure pump or just the high pressure pump that **** the bed

·
Registered
2 Posts

I had the exact same thing happen yesterday after sitting in traffic for an hour and a half, my truck is all stock I had a few low fuel pressure pop on the dash and I had changed the fuel filters about 12,000 miles ago and no low fuel pressure warnings until recently (about two weeks a go). I was able to tighten the frame bowl a full turn and stopped, I am afraid of it breaking.
2 questions
How long was it since you had changed the fuel filters before you got the notice?
And did that correct the issue permanently?
Thanks,
Lou

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK so after tightening the frame filter bowl and clearing the codes, all is well, I have driven about 400 miles. I had also noticed the whining noise after changing the filter other people mentioned, but everything was working fine until recently, after tightening the bowl the whining noise went away also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts