Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys jus bought an 01 powerstroke,I got a dp tuner for it but need an exhaust before I can put it on,I need your all advice on which exhaust to put on it.Had a mbrp exhaust on my 99 psd and loved it but I really want the powder coated black exhaust they had but I dont know if they sell it any more.Can someone give me some web address that have full 4 in exhaust for reasonable cost.I appreciate everyones input thanks guys.:icon_ford:

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
The truck comes stock w/ a 4" exhaust. Do a cat delete and straight pipe and a nice tip for it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want a full exhaust w/ down pipe..thot psd had 3 1/2 in exhaust on it?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
I'm pretty sure the exhaust is 4", and the downpipe on the later model 7.3's is sufficent for lots and LOTS more hp/tq than factory, unlike the earlier models.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alrite thanks man.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump ..need some advice :)

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
The site has been super dead the past few days.. wonder why

·
Registered
19 Posts
You might visit--->powerstrokenation.com thedieselstop.com forddieselpower.com & post your same question... You might get alot of different answers and then you can draw your conclusion that is best for you...

·
Registered
305 Posts
I bought my exhaust for xtremediesel.com it cost about 480 for what i bought, 409 ss with delete pipe. And the ford stock exhaust pipe is 3 1/2 in all the way back, and the MBRP is a full 4 inch from the turbo all the way back. But you can buy a muffler delete pipe for your stock exhaust, that will open it up a lot and its alot cheaper than full stainless.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys I jus wanna do this truck up rite cuz I plan on keepin it a while:)

·
Semper Fi
135 Posts
I have an MBRP 4" with Muffler Delete, I got the SS version its pretty throaty. You can get the aluminized for pretty cheap. When I took of my stock exhaust there was a considerable difference between the flow the of stocker versus aftermarket (obviously).

I used a sawzall, to cut the stock in three pieces so it was easy to remove (minus the turbo v-clamp).

MBRP 4" Turbo Back Kit All Cab/Bed F250/350 (T409 SS) | Exhaust Systems | 99-03 7.3L Power Stroke | Ford Power Stroke | Diesel Power | Performance Truck Products

Thats the one I got for my 99 and I like it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts