Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Exhaust brake

2K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  85_305 
#1 ·
Alright guys i rode in a buddy of mines dodge last night with an exhaust brake...long story short, i want one:nod:

I heard you have to have a TQ lockup switch for this mod to be effetive? Is there a good write up anywhere on how to do these mods?

#3 ·
I'm in for the interest.. I've heard some 4 letter acronym being tossed around ebpv or something other??

#5 ·
Interesting. I've heard there is some electrical hookup you have to do to make it work (dont quote me on this). Hopefully somebody with knowledge chimes in

#6 ·
Yeah i've got a general idea of what to do but i would like a good write up so i dont F*** somethin up

#7 ·
hahaha I feel ya there. I'm the same way man; I want to know EVERYTHING on a given project, down to the damn brand of inkpen the instructions are being written in!

#9 ·
Check with PacBrak to see if they make one for the 7.3. I had one of the new ones on my Dodge and it was great, I could go down Mount Eagle and never have to touch the brakes with 2 cars in the trailer.

#10 ·
Buying one would be kinda pointless when the 7.3s technically have one from the factory.

#15 ·
Yeah the one from the factory is great... when it works correctly:doh:

#16 ·
Yep so I'm pretty interested in hearing how this works/activates...

#21 ·
#30 ·
Yeah, i'll have to wait till im on my own computer to send it. PM me about it later on.

#29 ·
^Wow thats cooler than hell!! I wonder if TW can do that w/ his chips??? I'm all for that!!

#31 ·
So nobody knows if TW can burn this jake-brake program into his tunes?

#32 ·
I havent heard of any tunes from Tony that can do this however i havent been keeping up with his stuff to much lately

#33 ·
Damn. Maybe I'll have to email him or a distributor and ask. Thats def. something I would want programmed in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.