Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a chance to pick up a exhaust brake used for 200bones...My question ,has anyone run one on a 6.0??And will it raise the egt's to much and be harmful???Since I run a 6spd I think it would be really useful....any comments or advice would be nice..thanks..

·
Banned
0 Posts
Talk to Eric about adding turbo braking to your tunes. You would be surprised how effective it is not to mention how cheap of a mod it is.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that only worked with an automatic trans....

·
Banned
0 Posts
Talk to Eric about it. It works in tow/haul mode on the torqshift but I'm sure he can set you up. The only problem will be that it would be always on with that tune so when you let off the pedal you have turbo braking. I guess it could get annoying.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I will give him a call..Maybe he could figure out how to make it work only when trailer brakes are applied...

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any body????:bump::bump::bump:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:bump::bump::bump::bump:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:bump::bump::bump::dunno::dunno:

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
From what I was always told, you can't have the usual bolt on exhaust brake. Something about the VGT veins not working correctly.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I thought that only worked with an automatic trans....
Nope, to be honest, they will be more effective with the manual tranny.

Ok I will give him a call..Maybe he could figure out how to make it work only when trailer brakes are applied...
Just have it spliced into the brake light switch. But also still have an on off switch if you don't want it on.

From what I was always told, you can't have the usual bolt on exhaust brake. Something about the VGT veins not working correctly.
I think that your right. The EBP sensor may get false readings from the built up back pressure on the turbine side and set a code or something. I'm like Foamy. It has to be engine specific in the newer trucks. It will come with all the needed hardware and software.

I put an Jacobs exhaust brake on a 06 Dodge and wired the module in at the fuse box (according to instruction manual). I put the on/off switch on the shifter at the ball (as it was a manual). It worked great. The owner pulls a cow trailer with it and is tickled to death with the way it performs. :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts