1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,086 Posts
The sensor eliminator just eliminates the code from happening. Won't help you out in any other way then stopping the pcm from storing the code:thumb:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, so how is it that people are claiming 1-3 mpg increase after cleaning the tube and sensor

·
Registered
193 Posts
the tube is full of soot so is the sensor..so it sees nothing , and adjusts for the worse.
be carefulle when handling the tube ..mine was old and brittle.

guzzle's page has a good cleaning directions.

·
Registered
290 Posts
so by putting the fooler on there, theoreticaly you should see a increase then, so its not adjusting for the worse

·
Registered
193 Posts
in theory possibly? or it could make it terrible,
all depends on what the fooler shows..if it has a fixed resisitor to feed the magic number..yes. if it is just a plug no , it could do more harm then good.

I know of a few guys that use ebp foolers-one of them liked them, 2 still have codes.
no sure whose sensors they used.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
The PCM uses the EBP sensor for several tuneing paramiters... clean it and leave it be...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help... it looks like when i go to remove the tube from the manifold something is going to break due to the rust... if the fitting on the tube breaks i can get a new tube but if the fitting on the manifold breaks im screwed probably.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.