Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been acting up on me my whole work week. My turbo will spool like crazy, but no power is being delivered and it will act up while shifting as well. And once I let off the throttle, a sound comes from the turbo/intake like water going down the drain or something similar. Not to mention my mileage is attrocious. Doing 60 mph my boost is about 14-17psi instead of normally like what maybe 5-7. Needless to say, anyway to clean this sensor, I wiped the clip off when I did my oil cooler and injector o rings. But clean it/ replace it is my question.

Only codes the truck is blowing right now are egr codes on the account of my deletes and no program to take it off along with the EBP sensor malfunction.

Now, I'm only assuming that this is the problem. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sounds like a bad sensor. The reason I know is because I broke mine off when trying to get to the thermostat recently and it did the exact same thing. Cost me $100 for a new sensor and when I replaced it all these things went away. I still have issues with high EOT, but that is a different story all together.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a bad sensor. The reason I know is because I broke mine off when trying to get to the thermostat recently and it did the exact same thing. Cost me $100 for a new sensor and when I replaced it all these things went away. I still have issues with high EOT, but that is a different story all together.
I wonder if I can try cleaning it this weekend. the sensor is just the wire plugged into a tube right? Or am I way off?

Yea, did multiple flushes, changed the oil cooler... and it clogged up the new one.

Pissed about that is all I am going to say. :doh:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have heard the tube gets clogged that go down to the exhaust manifold, so maybe that will help you. My sensor was completely broke off so I knew it needed replacing. There is some circuitry in the sensor so if it is bad then cleaning won't help you there.

I am on something like page 28 of 48 in that cooler cleaning thread. I already flushed my system and backflushed my cooler. Went for a drive this morning and my EOT still got up to 228 (which is slightly better than before the backflush) but I obviously need a new oil cooler. I would love to get the bulletproof one but I don't have $2K lying around. I know have a delta of 20-27 degrees instead of 30-40 degrees.

I just don't want to replace the oil cooler and have it immidiately get clogged again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Did I find my sensor, Gonna try and clean this up rather then dropping some cash into a new one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update. Cleaned it up. Problem solved.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts