Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 F-250 CCLB 6.7 PSD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 19 that's on a weight loss plan that does mainly city stop n go driving. Now I've been reading about exhaust back pressure (EBP) and turbo boost pressure (TBP) and people are saying that the EBP to TBP ratio should be close to 1:1 (i.e 17 psi EBP : 17 psi TBP). I'm using a SCT GTX and at cruising speed; EBP is roughly 25 psi but turbo boost is 5 psi. EBP when driving is always mid 20 psi and turbo boost is single digit psi. The low boost could be because I drive like a grandpa to help with mpg but anyways, is my EBP normal or is that too high?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,494 Posts
Your EBP reading isn't corrected for atmospheric pressure. Boost is.

·
Premium Member
11,494 Posts
Subtract your BARO reading from the EBP reading. That will give the "corrected" EBP. It probably will not be exactly the same as Boost, but at normal levels, it should be fairly close.

·
Registered
2019 F-250 CCLB 6.7 PSD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some numbers from today:
EBP between 23 to 26
Barometric is 14.26 '
"corrected EBP" around 10 psi.
turbo boost is 3 - 5 psi.
"correct EBP" : turbo boost ratio is between 2:1 and 3:1. What"

Do I just take the barometric reading for what it is or do I need to correct it?

It would seem that the EBP would need to be around 17 to 20 psi for me to get a "corrected EBP" that would put the ratio at 1:1 but at normal crusing, 24 psi is the lowest it gets. Should I be worried about the backflow hurting mpg?

·
Premium Member
11,494 Posts
You're fine.

·
Super Moderator
8,900 Posts
Try using a different scan tool (IE ForScan) to see the PIDs you want. This will give you a second opinion as to what your truck is reading at the sensors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts