Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, i am about to put exhaust on my 07 f250 cc and am going to do either a 4" or 5" turbo back system with no cat and no muffler. I called my local ford store today and asked about what kind of exhaust would void my warranty. They said that it must have atleast a muffler on (which i could put on to go to the shop) and said anything larger than 4" causes promlems with the motor. He said it causes the check engine light to come on, and doesnt have good backpressure for it, is this true? I would like to run a 5" tb but if i have to i will run a 4", what is yalls input on what i can run without voiding the warranty?

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
You wont get much if any power gains over a 4in maybe a louder sound. I would go for a 4in, But i will let someone chime in that has had both.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I have a 07 myself and went with a Stainless steel 4" turbo back, WITH muffler, no kitty. Great setup. Be prepared to lose a little "off the line" power but overall it's better. Do about 30-60mph and mash it and see what happens, much better than stock. Make sure you get a Stainless system.

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the backpressure prob. your turbo makes all the back pressure need, and unless you want more than 500hp 4 inch will do you just fine the 5 inch will might give you a deeper sound. Some guys say a muff delete will give you a vacume/jet engine sound, but that can be fixed with custome tuneing.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I agree with Powered sparkless. Do 4". Muffler I think is more of a noise toy vs back pressure device. B/c the mufflers are straight through design. they just catch some noise waves. I doubt you're engine will notice the difference. I personally don't want the noise unless i'm WOT. I like my muffler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts