Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, New to this forum, I just purchased a 2006 F350 super duty Club Cab Dually with a 6.0 litre Auto, The truck runs great and has been well maintained. My question's are, what intake system would be sufficient, and is it better to add a 4'' exhaust from the Cat or Turbo or run a straight pipe from the cat. I really don't want a high turbo whistle while driving down the highway. And any thoughts on running a Bypass oil filter to remove the carbon out of the oil, The FS2500 by Filtration Solutions looks interesting.Thanks for any info, Also have enjoyed reading your posts here, very informal.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Turbo back most definately. And I would HIGHLY recommend a S&B Intake, unless you don't want to spend much, then the general consensus would be DIY Tymar. :dunno: :ORG welcome:!!!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
well i am not a 6.0 guy but from what i have ready the stock air intake is fine unless your are pushing 500hp+ and in my opinion a full 4"exhaust is the only way to go from the turbo if you dont want the quiet sounds leave the muffler on there it will sound good but the annoying these are just my 2c but im sure somebody will be along that can help you more

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
4 inch turbo back for sure and for the intake I have the afe stage 2 with pg7 filter. And its great some will say s&b intake I guess it all depends on how much you want to spend there both good its just a lot of people will stand by the afe. But good luck

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
4 inch turbo back for sure and for the intake I have the afe stage 2 with pg7 filter. And its great some will say s&b intake I guess it all depends on how much you want to spend there both good its just a lot of people will stand by the afe. But good luck
Well part of that is cause the S&B is brand new, they haven't been around long enough yet. The ones with S&B will stand by them too, just less people have 'em lol

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
:welcome1: I would use a afe stage II for the 6.0 and also farm boys diesel exhaust 4inch turbo back!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
:icon_ford::ORG welcome:i think thats a smart dec o and

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Well part of that is cause the S&B is brand new, they haven't been around long enough yet. The ones with S&B will stand by them too, just less people have 'em lol
Very true ..does s&b have the new tube to the turbo like the stage 2

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've got an early '03 and my understanding is it whistles like no other which is why Ford started putting a different one on in Sept. '03. That's just what I heard. Not 100% on how factual it is. Hopefully someone else will know for sure. Anyway, my point is this, mine is 3 1/2" straight pipe from the turbo back and has one hell of a whistle from take off with the windows down then switches over to a V-8 rumble :thumb: but once you hit cruising speed it's hardly noticeable. Really can't hear it much from take off with the windows up but I like it so I ride with 'em down most of the time. I can't say if there would be a big difference with a 4" system. :dunno:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts