Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed out my downpipe and have a cat delete. I am trying to decide if changing out the rest of my exhaust from the stock 3 1/2" to an aftermarket 4" will make much difference on the EGT's. Also What brand have you guys had good luck with? I was leaning towards a Diamond Eye but I wasn't sure. I was going to try and keep the system with a 4" cat delete pipe so I can add the cat back to the system if I had to start dealing with emissions again.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I JUST ORDER A 4" TURBO BACK I'LL LET YOU KNOW. Where did you get you cat delete pipe?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Puredieselpower.com had the cat delete pipe that bolted up to the factory flange.

·
Registered
429 Posts
DID IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE, that you could tell, in power & sound? thanks i'm going there now

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Are you going SS, If not, Why not 5":dunno:. I run hollowed out cat and dumped after rear door no muff 3.5. It does not make sense to me to go 4" when there is 5" on the market. I am just waiting for the funds. Allot of guy's here are going to disagree with cutting through the cat, Be here in Tejas I'm not worried about emissions.
Your egt's will always go down with less restriction, As far as how much. I don't run an EGT gauge. But i would guess a couple hundred if you go 4" & cat delete.

Good luck man.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 4" verses stock 3.5" is not much of a difference. That's what my question was because I was not sure it would make much difference only being a 1/2" bigger.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i have a 5"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts