Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, had a brain fart. Will Excursion mirrors fit our SD's? They are considerably smaller. And if you don't tow... why not. Anyone done this?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Heh yeah i had to go to the drive though at the bank yesterday and had to fold the driver mirror to pull close enough to reach the tube :hehe: (the best part was the lil camera was looking directly at my door)

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:bump: cause I'm wondering just how compatible these two vehicles fit. I think an Ex grille would look good on a SD... wonder who knows ...

·
Registered
551 Posts
AFAIK the excursion and SD mirrors are the same part numbers, and size. Are you possibly referring to the smaller non-tow mirrors? Those are available on the SD as well and if you have a line on some off of an ex they should bolt right on.

Personally I prefer the tow mirrors whether I have a trailer hooked up or not.

Mark

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
i have some sport/flag style mirrors I'll trade for your tow mirrors.. :D

hehehehe

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
AFAIK the excursion and SD mirrors are the same part numbers, and size. Are you possibly referring to the smaller non-tow mirrors? Those are available on the SD as well and if you have a line on some off of an ex they should bolt right on.

Personally I prefer the tow mirrors whether I have a trailer hooked up or not.

Mark
Yeah me too, big time. SO much safer, they really are.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the look and funcationality of the tow mirrors. However they are very large. Drive thrus at banks and pulling in my garage are a challenge with them. My other idea was maybe doing the '08 mirror package. where you hit a buttom and they fold in. that would be nice.

·
Registered
551 Posts
:thumb: on the 08 mirror upgrade, if you go that route let us know the details of what wiring is entailed in making them fully functional. I've thought about this mod myself.

:icon_ford:

·
Compression Ignition Addict
6,255 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
my power mirrors don't even work right now lol, otherwise I'd look into the 08 mirrors lol, for now i just take forever to adjust them by hand

1 - 10 of 10 Posts