Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought we could start an Excursion picture thread. Post up pictures of your Excursion (or even just Excursions you like). Cool pics, cool upgrades or mods, whatever you want. This should be a one-stop-shop for ideas and inspiration for your Excursion. Think Pinterest, for Org members. Try and keep it Excursion related, or at least applicable to an Excursion. I'll start

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like she's in great shape! Wish mine was black sometimes. Really slick!

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
For me it's real hard to not like an X.
Doug

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For me it's real hard to not like an X.
Doug
Seems about once every 2 months we will have someone stop us in a parking lot or gas station to ask us how we like it because they've always wanted one, or have been looking for one.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it's because nobody owns an Excursion (especially diesel) by accident. You have to specifically go hunting for one. I doubt anyone had every walked onto a lot and said "I'm looking for a vehicle, anything will do. How about that Honda? No? Ok, I'll take the largest SUV ever made."

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is my Photoshoped inspiration. Collecting parts needed to start making the transformation. Now, if only I could figure a way to collect time the same way I collect parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here is my Photoshoped inspiration. Collecting parts needed to start making the transformation. Now, if only I could figure a way to collect time the same way I collect parts.

Are those clearance lights on top? Awesome. Tell me about the lift. Does it ride well?

2001 Excursion 233k miles

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are those clearance lights on top? Awesome. Tell me about the lift. Does it ride well?

2001 Excursion 233k miles
It's an Excursion that I found that was the same color as mine and had the same Rockstar rims I'm putting on mine. Also has tow mirrors (which I want to upgrade to, maybe the '08 style but in a profile shot they look close enough). In the picture, I deleted the beige trim on the bottom and blacked out the lenses and bumpers. Not sure on the lift, but it looks similar to my 6" lift, and the wheels look close to the 35x12.5x20's I'll be fitting. The clearance lights, I actually forgot about. My wife likes them but wants black lenses, but I think a light bar might be more useful. I already have a 20"'for the front bumper. As for the ride, mine is VERY stiff and bouncy. It's all spring, no blocks, and worn out shocks. I've thought about removing springs from the rear and adding blocks to soften it a bit. But new shocks arera a must in the future.

·
Registered
139 Posts
2002 7.3. 199,723 miles

Attachments

·
Love all, Trust a Few...
4,801 Posts
Not the greatest pic but I've always wanted an EX. Got a screamin deal on this one and couldn't pass it up. Now I just have to build an engine for it. Lol.
I wish I could find a screaming deal on one.
Well. I will say, the engine didn't run and the drivers side was caved in where someone backed into it. The stand pipe in the oil filter housing was gone! It melted. I made a thread on it. Cleaned all that out got it to run but the cam is wiped out. I had the body fixed so by the time I get an engine in it I would've payed the same amount for a running one.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That looks great!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks. It's a Fusion Bumper. They are out of Idaho. Pretty happy with it, fitment could be a little better and if I was doing it all over again I would do Linex with OEM paint color instead of paint. The bumper comes unfinished.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I like it. Something like that fusion bumper might now be in the future plans when mine is no longer a dd and becomes a tow pig/vacay hauler.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts