Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Thats good but dose anyone make a generic one that will fit all i can find is front drive shafts
No, there are just too many variations for rear drive shafts. Check the wreckers. Why do you need one? Is yours bent or just out of balance?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Use this site, you can put in your truck info and it will tell you if any of local salvage yards have any. car-part.com

·
Registered
53 Posts
You should finish filling out your profile including a location and some information on your truck. There might be others on this board that can help you more with the right information.

I would start with eBay or craigslist. There are a ton of rigs out there that are being parted out every day. We all start to keep in the back of our mind where the local ones are just in case.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found a 2000 f250 rear drive shaft that looks exactly the same as the one that was on my excursion do u think that they could be interchanged

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
wheel base is diffrent from the F250 ext cab short bed and the Excursion, not by much, but enough to make the shaft not work... as far as bolting up on the ends, they should match up, same trans/transfer case was used, as well at rear end/yoaks, but lenth might be diffrent. Be sure to check it closely with a tape measure, don't over- or under- extend the slip joint, there needs to be enough room for suspention travel.

Check the yellow pages, I found a drive shaft shop about an hour away from me about 15 years ago, they are my first call any time I have an issue, they rebuilt the rear shaft in my red truck about a year ago for $450. With the measurements they will build exactly what I want/need.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Arkansas? Heck, see if BTS would build you one. If not, I bet they have someone who would.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts