Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what size exaust are you all runnin and stacks, or duals, or out the pass side. i wana run out the pass side but dont know what size to go with

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reason im really askn is my buddys cummins has a 5 inch to 6 inch tip and that seems to be alot. i wana do 4 inch down pipe and maby 5 inch tip

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha. i think ill be goin all the way out the back i take my little sister all over shes 2 and i dont think i wana make her listen to that. and goin upnort is 2 hrs away

·
Registered
423 Posts
i have 3" dp to a 5" straigt pipe 6" tip

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
i have a farmboydiesel budget 5 inch kit. its a 4 inch downpipe to 5 inch straight piping. it sounds very mean with the windows down and when it drives by you but windows up its not bad at all. gus as great to purchase from, the kit installed with 0 problems (took me about an hour and a half from start to finish) and the quality and price is unbeatable. you can check out pics and videos of my install on the farmboydiesel sponser section under "pics of your FBD kits"

·
Registered
46 Posts
3.5" DP, 5 inch TB, 6" tip, i must say after putting exhaust on all my gas vehicals and getting the dreaded drone, i am SHOCKED and super happy with the LACK of drone on the 6.0.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
4" downpipe, 5" straight pipe to 6" tip. She's loud for town and is rumbly at 1950-2150 Rpms going down the interstate.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Mines 4” down pipe to straight through muffler then 5” out and over the axle and out the factory passenger side location. Sounds real nice, The kit was about $400 delivered back 4 years ago. I really like it, only problem is the huge clouds of smoke that blows all over and inside the vehicles beside me. Some of the folks appear to get really mad. Some of the folks I smoke out deserve it and some are friends I’m messing with but a lot of the time they are innocent motorist with their windows down and in the wrong place at the wrong time. I imagine a very thick, solid black cloud much larger than your car being directly injected in your side window would be annoying, not to mention smell really bad.

I feel like I can’t go with stacks because of clearance issues while towing my camper or cargo trailer.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
3.5" DP, 5 inch TB, 6" tip, i must say after putting exhaust on all my gas vehicals and getting the dreaded drone, i am SHOCKED and super happy with the LACK of drone on the 6.0.
It's not 5"tb with a 3.5" downpipe...

Mines 4” down pipe to straight through muffler then 5” out and over the axle and out the factory passenger side location. Sounds real nice, The kit was about $400 delivered back 4 years ago. I really like it, only problem is the huge clouds of smoke that blows all over and inside the vehicles beside me. Some of the folks appear to get really mad. Some of the folks I smoke out deserve it and some are friends I’m messing with but a lot of the time they are innocent motorist with their windows down and in the wrong place at the wrong time. I imagine a very thick, solid black cloud much larger than your car being directly injected in your side window would be annoying, not to mention smell really bad.

I feel like I can’t go with stacks because of clearance issues while towing my camper or cargo trailer.
Have you tried installing a DPF? :rofl:

BTW, between the drone and the tire noise, it puts my kids to sleep a lot...:thumb: as far as i'm concerned. :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
only problem is the huge clouds of smoke that blows all over and inside the vehicles beside me. Some of the folks appear to get really mad. Some of the folks I smoke out deserve it and some are friends I’m messing with but a lot of the time they are innocent motorist with their windows down and in the wrong place at the wrong time. I imagine a very thick, solid black cloud much larger than your car being directly injected in your side window would be annoying, not to mention smell really bad.

Thats exactly why I don't want stacks. I tried to get a couple of guys from work at a red light monday, 2 got away before I could get them. The third one told me the next morning I laid it down so thick they had to sit there cause they couldn't see to drive thru the intersection. I have noticed some of the ricers are careful to stay away from the pipe now too :hehe: Mine is just a straight piped stock exhaust but I will soon be changing that. I was going to go get a exhaust from Dusty tonight but my wife got to the money first :doh:

·
Registered
91 Posts
4" tb to a 6" tip looks great on my truck, possibly overkill for a stock height but i haven't seen one yet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts