Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my first glitch with the Ex since I bought it about a month ago. My “door open” light stays on now, and the running board lights and interior lights stay lit. I have figured out that it’s the rear doors causing the problem. But the problem is intermittent, it only happens when I use the rear doors. Sometimes, it works and the switch, contacts or whatever the mechanism is, functions properly. Other times, it doesn’t work. Where in the heck is the door switch? Anyone else have this problem? Any advice would help.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Clean all the door latches with brake cleaner. Then lubricate them with a dry lube like silicone spray. Most likely your latches are dirty which are causing a bad ground. Which in return is causing the door ajar light to be on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang, thanks for the quick response!!!!!!

Something like this?

3-IN-ONE® Professional Silicone Spray Lubricant
Quick-drying no-mess high-performance lubrication and corrosion protection

3-IN-ONE Professional Silicone Spray Lubricant provides high-performance lubrication and corrosion protection, in a quick-drying no-mess formula. It's safe for use on metal, rubber, vinyl, wood, and much more.

Lubricates: Doors, locks, hinges, belts, windows, latches, zippers, switches, fishing equipment, tools, chains, belts, sports equipment, lawn equipment, valves, linkages, pulleys, fans and more.

Protects: Electrical parts such as distributors, ignition wires and sparkplugs. It can also be used to protect guns, boots, tools, pool and marine equipment.

UPC #079567100416

·
Registered
126 Posts
i agree..my last f150 did it and my expedition did it. cleaned them with brake cleaner and wd40 and they worked good as new

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cleaned all the door latches with the brake cleaner and lubed them just like you guys said. AND IT WORKED!!!!!

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
sticky switch

Mine does it too an occassion. I usually spray the latches down with a cleaner and hoe them down pretty good with a lubricant. One of the Ford Mechs told me that the switch inside the door latch gets gummed up with dirt and decides to stick. Usually it's the driver's door on mine, but I do all of them just in case. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Mine did it too. Usually though, reopening and firmly closing the rear tailgate would solve the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts