Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you know of any good web sites that explain the process of home-brewing ethanol.A friend of mine home-brews his own beer and says that ethanol is not much of a different process. Any info. would be great!

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
isnt it the same as moonshine?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I imagine the process is more like moonshine than beer since you should have to distill the ethanol from the rest of the mash similar to distilling the alcohol for moonshine. The problem is we have no idea on any distilling processes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is a new company in Los Gatos Calif that is marketing a machine so you can make you own gasoline at home from sugar cane. Google it, you should be able to find it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a neighbor that makes his own ethanol for his gas powered tractors from all the rotton veggies they end up with on the farm. The cool part is he makes it with an old a$$ shine still that his grandfather had in the barn when he passed away! I dont know how good it is for the motor, and I know he doesn't do any testing on the finished product, but he runs it in his tractors just about every day?

·
Registered
326 Posts
ethanol

I have a neighbor that makes his own ethanol for his gas powered tractors from all the rotton veggies they end up with on the farm. The cool part is he makes it with an old a$$ shine still that his grandfather had in the barn when he passed away! I dont know how good it is for the motor, and I know he doesn't do any testing on the finished product, but he runs it in his tractors just about every day?
Ford is looking at adding ethanol by a special carb into the turbo.This will allow us to run on new blends.This may change rapidly.............:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts