Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this should be an easy one but isnt the only way to check this with ohms, no real voltage going through this

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Whats wrong with it? Your problem is most likely a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not really sure been in and out all day messing with it I know i have to bad vac lines the rubber ones from hub area to the nyolon connector but the light wont even cycle when the switch is actived (which is what i was talking about with the ohms question) is that right? the thing that gets me is that it dosent engage in when i lock the hubs in the hubs lock and the axels turn and the drive shaft turns between the axle and the t/c so other than the vac lines im not sure what else to look at. thanks for the quick reply

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
More then likely the motor is shot it's basically a wiper motor

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok so I replaced the vac lines from the steel line to the hubs and, ckecked the relays but still nothing. wouldnt the vac still work and accuate the hubs if you turned the switch ? idk just seems like it should to me. if this is the case that would mean the swith is bad right. elec. is a week piont for me so i dont really know how to test that. i took it apart and the led on it is working so its getting some kinda power?

hope to pick up a vac tester this weekend? any idea how much hg it should draw?

Ok so for the t/c motor i took off the two prong wire connector and was geting readings of about .06 volts is this right or wrong? If I remove the motor which side white or orange would be the hot to hook it up to a 12v batt to see if it works

I read about some thing behind the glove box lookead and saw nothing to do with the 4x4 system if anyone could elaborate on this that would be great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts