Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as many of you all know I used to be the owner of a bada$$ black FX4, it may come as a surprise to some, but old news to others. On or about 4/30/2008 my truck got stolen. I purchased a GN in OK and took my dually to bring it home when i got back from the trip the truck was no longer in my driveway, alarm, kill switch didn't deter the thieves. Well as i called the insurance provider (dunno if i am allowed to say who) and made my claim. 1 day later the insurance adjuster/investigator called me and asked if it was the same truck that I had an accident or some type of claim in 2007.. I was shocked, upset and terribly angry, I told the adjuster, I am sorry but my driving record is very clean and the last accident I had was when i was about 17yrs old, it's not me. So she asked what was on the truck and I mentioned the items and even had to write a flippen thesis on the items. Well 2 weeks go by and they asked that I go in and do a recorded statement.. according to them this is protocol, well after the recorded statement the lady asked that why was I claiming a bigger amount that what I paid for it? At this point now i almost lost it.. I asked what do you mean? She said that the dealer registered the truck as you paying $20k for it.. I was like WTF!! I brought in my cancelled check and that took care of that. well today I called the adjuster and asked what was the status and she told me that the truck was a stolen recovery and that on my statement i said that it was a clean carfax with no history.. I was super P'Offed with all the bs excuses. She claimed that the truck belong to a Houston Texan athlete before I purchased it and that he has his truck stolen and was recoved in 2007. 14k later the truck was as the owner said it should be. At this point the insurance is telling me that the will have to look further into this because the photos that i provided may not be correct, cause according to their system the truck had more stuff on it that was easily noticeable differences and that they will have to compare photos and value at that point and would have to make some adjustments due to the truck having a history. When I ran the carfax the truck had no history and registered it for a buyback guarantee, as it turns out, today I ran the Carfax again and what do you know? I bought the truck in 3/1/08 and there was a theft report on the truck done on 3/19/08 after i purchased the truck. I don't know what to do have any of ya'll had this experience or anything similar i need some help otherwise i think i am going to have to seek legal advise cause this is some bs.

I contacted Carfax and they said that sometimes information does not get reported immediately.. I am at the point where i am about to loose my mind. Nothing was what the dealer said, stained carfax, stolen recovery, etc.. I'll tell you one thing had i known that the truck was a stolen recover i never would have purchased it.

Sorry for the storybook..

·
Registered
447 Posts
WOW!! Did you show the insurance people what you found today?? I wish you the best of luck but don't have any suggestions for you. That's a new one on me.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Man that is unreal....Carfax advertises their information as accurate, and don't buy a car without a carfax report. As for the insurance, just because the truck was stolen and recovered doesn't make it any less of a truck, it is what it is. Unfortunatly I think your going to need a lawyer on this one.

Good Luck

·
Registered
995 Posts
Lawyer asap. Get all of your paperwork together for the truck. You need tag reciepts all the way to oil changes. Once you straighten out with the insurance, you might as well go after the dealer. Documentation is everything, write down who you speak to everytime you talk to the insurance people and what was said. If you have the old car fax from when you bought the truck, you should own them. Get a great hungry lawyer that's not afraid to argue. Make sure you have copies of all of your pics too.

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Lawyer asap. Get all of your paperwork together for the truck. You need tag reciepts all the way to oil changes. Once you straighten out with the insurance, you might as well go after the dealer. Documentation is everything, write down who you speak to everytime you talk to the insurance people and what was said. If you have the old car fax from when you bought the truck, you should own them. Get a great hungry lawyer that's not afraid to argue. Make sure you have copies of all of your pics too.
Yep, what this fella said ^. Documentation is very important. While I have never been involved in something like you are going thru, I have had to dispute bills before and documentation is what saved me.
Craig

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
wow that sucks. i am sorry to hear that, but everyone is right on, write down everything, and organize it well. sounds like your going to need a lawyer.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
+1 FOR LAWYER. ASAP.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man that is unreal....Carfax advertises their information as accurate, and don't buy a car without a carfax report. As for the insurance, just because the truck was stolen and recovered doesn't make it any less of a truck, it is what it is. Unfortunatly I think your going to need a lawyer on this one.

Good Luck
I am going to agree with you.. man what's the point of the insurance if they stiff you anyways.. 545 +/- a month in insurance for this flippen truck cause i added coverage for all the add-on's this really blows

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree with all of yall going to have to get this paperwork together. I don't get it.. I believe if you pay for a premium to cover the costs, they should do exactly that "COVER" it, now my premium went from 200 something to 540 because all the add-on's, whats sucks even worst is that you never think this will happen to you.. I will admit I was one of them.. this is horrible.. Thanks for your feedback.. anybody know such lawyer.. please pm me.. cause here in laredo, i doubt there is any good ones.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW!! Did you show the insurance people what you found today?? I wish you the best of luck but don't have any suggestions for you. That's a new one on me.
I did show them that and they said that they would look into it.. mhmm, i am sure they will

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
An insurance company trying to cheat someone, I am shocked. They operate like this all the time.
Makes me wonder why when you purchase a Brand new car, you have full coverage, how come the premium harldy ever goes down because the vehicle depreciates? Interesting

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'd be going after the dealer when I got through with the insurance. I find it hard to believe that they knew nothing of it, even if it wasn't on the carfax. I would think it would have went through the service department after it was recovered for some kind of repairs. Of course they wouldn't admit to it. I find out mine had a new PCM put in it at 13,000 miles [I bought it used with 28k] for no reason. My buddy, a tech said they probably replaced it to cover up it had a programmer put to it. The salesman swore it had never had one though. Imagine that. He also swore all of the maintenance was up to date too, lie.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is the conversation with Carfax.. " Don't buy a car without Carfax " what a big mistake.. Please tell me what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd be going after the dealer when I got through with the insurance. I find it hard to believe that they knew nothing of it, even if it wasn't on the carfax. I would think it would have went through the service department after it was recovered for some kind of repairs. Of course they wouldn't admit to it. I find out mine had a new PCM put in it at 13,000 miles [I bought it used with 28k] for no reason. My buddy, a tech said they probably replaced it to cover up it had a programmer put to it. The salesman swore it had never had one though. Imagine that. He also swore all of the maintenance was up to date too, lie.
You better believe that this is going to be my approach. Friends say not to even make contact with the dealer yet. To wait, "Place Chess not Checkers"

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That bites!:mad::mad::mad:

I agree with everyone, get a lawyer!
Banshee34, I pm'd you back sorry for the delay, I have been on the horn with a couple of atty's already..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Was just advised that the previous owner was Houston Texan go figure, dude has cash he hooked up the truck. Oh well

1 - 20 of 23 Posts