Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have an aftermarket touch screen dvd player in my dash right now, but the factory dvd player is broken.
My in-dash has a line out for video. So what I'm trying to figure out is if anyone has used JUST the monitor with an aftermarket stereo. A search didn't bring anything up that was similar to what I want.
If this hasn't been tried I'll be the first to give it a whirl.

Wish me luck if I'm the first.

I'll document what I do.. by the way..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine does not use a factory dvd player. My monitors plug into the brain of my in dash head unit I love it my wife can watch the movie with the kids while going down the road. I have 2 visor style monitors in the back for the kids. I'd post a pic for you but she is in the shop right now for a no start issue

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine does not use a factory dvd player. My monitors plug into the brain of my in dash head unit I love it my wife can watch the movie with the kids while going down the road. I have 2 visor style monitors in the back for the kids. I'd post a pic for you but she is in the shop right now for a no start issue
Your factory original monitor does this?
That's great news. So it's just a power wire that is normally a preamp I'm guessing plus the video cable.. That shouldn't be too difficult...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'll be watching this thread closely. I just bought an '05 with a Kenwood 2DIN head in it, and the rear entertainment DVD doesn't work.

I'm considering finding a way to hook up an AppleTV or ChromeCast to the monitor, that way the kids can just stream their shows to it while I'm driving. Thoughts?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The rear DVD player just needs its power wire hooked to power and a ground. Then you run a video wire from your video out to the dvds video in and voila it plays on both screens and audio through the stereo.
Problem is you can't watch movies in the rear and music in the front etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts