Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I had enough with these $4.60 a gallon for diesel for a couple reaons.
1) Should cost less for diesel than gas.....less refinment
2) I need to fill up a 38 gallon tank which is $175
3) THE PRICE IS STILL GOING UP

I am going to go with some altertive fuel for my diesel. I dont know what I should get does anyone have a good biodiesel system that still has good performance? So I can spend less money on this riducoulsly priced fuel!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I feel your pain man...we all do. When is this madness gonna stop? There's alot of Piss*d off diesel owners out there...its horrible.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Here in maryland its illegal to run offroad and ther is a hefty fine if you get caught. And i dont think that you can pull up to a offrad dieasel pump and just fill your truck up.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
well my ive got about 8 uncles that are all loggers so i dont think it would be hard for me to get any hahaha

·
Registered
521 Posts
Alright I had enough with these $4.60 a gallon for diesel for a couple reaons.
1) Should cost less for diesel than gas.....less refinment
2) I need to fill up a 38 gallon tank which is $175
3) THE PRICE IS STILL GOING UP

I am going to go with some altertive fuel for my diesel. I dont know what I should get does anyone have a good biodiesel system that still has good performance? So I can spend less money on this riducoulsly priced fuel!
For every barrel of Crude Oil that goes in to a refinery this is what you get out:

23 Gallons of Gas
13 Gallons of Diesel
7 Gallons of Kerosene
2 Gallons of Propane
8 Gallons of other stuff

With that said, I'll be happy with the $3.79 I paid on Sat. for 500ppm LSD.

Still cost me $280.00 to fill up 71 gallons

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
It's pretty much slaughtering the market for diesels, right when they were really catching on and taking off. Now thanks to the price of the fuel for them, I'm afraid it might hurt their progress. At worst it should be even with the price of gas, not a dollar or so above it. Gasoline vehicles still outnumber diesel by a very fair margin.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
I feel your pain bro..... You know its sad for fuel prices, I saw nothing more than the title of your thread on the front page and knew it had to do with fuel cost. I hope to God it ends soon.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I think we all feal the price, the thing that i dont understand is, at the gas station by my house they sell diesel and bio-diesel, but the bio-diesel is $4.40 a gallon while the diesel is $4.20 who the hell is going to buy bio-diesel if it costs more then normal... i dont get why there selling it for more by my house.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:icon_ford::bump::bump::icon_ford:

Ok I decided that I might go and make my own fuel. Does anyone have any suggestions to a certian system. Has anyone done this yet

·
Registered
798 Posts
For every barrel of Crude Oil that goes in to a refinery this is what you get out:

23 Gallons of Gas
13 Gallons of Diesel
7 Gallons of Kerosene
2 Gallons of Propane
8 Gallons of other stuff

With that said, I'll be happy with the $3.79 I paid on Sat. for 500ppm LSD.

Still cost me $280.00 to fill up 71 gallons

But how much gasoline is consumed compared to diesel? The ratio of production, (if your numbers are spot on) is 1.77:1, I wonder what the ratio of consumption is? If it's greater than 1.77:1 then diesel should be cheaper, because there would be a surplus.

And granted less diesel comes out per barrel, but shouldn't it be cheaper to produce since it isn't as refined as gasoline? It literally doesn't go through as many refining steps. Or am completely out of bounds?

·
Registered
178 Posts
i keep hearing that by fall were supposed to see the price drop, but at the same time they keep sayin its gointo get worse before it gets better , fall is a long way away, i dont even wana imagine how much worse it could get in the mean time

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
i keep hearing that by fall were supposed to see the price drop, but at the same time they keep sayin its gointo get worse before it gets better , fall is a long way away, i dont even wana imagine how much worse it could get in the mean time
I keep hearing the total opposite. Up in Alberta, they are expecting fuel to be up near the $1.40 a liter(or roughly$5.20/gallon) by summer. It is also expected that fuel prices wont drop down any lower than what they are now in our lifetime. This is from the Edmonton Sun Newspaper. I would quote it, if I could find the article online.

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
I am hearing 5.00 for diesel by August.
Craig

·
Registered
60 Posts
o man this is bad i hate going to get gas but i found a place were if you spend 100$ you gett 1 $off ever gallon of gas so i pay like 3.50$ a gallon but even then there gas is going up wont be long when i have to pay 4$

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
i look at it like this, over the next few months the price will go over 5 a gal. so when the fall comes they will make it seem like they are doing us a favor but dropping the price to 4.50 a gal because we will be saving 50cents a gallon, this fuel thing wont get much better untill there is a major surplus of diesel or we start drilling in alaska and offshore, for the first time i heard the pres. toss the idea of drilling in alaska into the mix, personally im all for it(no im not hippie bashing) americans should use fuel from america not form some camel jockey third world nation that dosent barely have rinning water!

·
Banned
733 Posts
Better get used to higher priced fuel. I have been looking at news sources outside the USA and there is a lot of support for $6-7 gallon fuel. If we don't buy it the rest of the world will.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ok not the one who needs to say this but as i do know someone who works for the goverment and this is part of drilling of oil in alaska there is a lot of it but is ower last place of it and he said something like the gas will go down to like 2.00$ thats not bad but is bad knowing thats the last place of oil

1 - 20 of 25 Posts