Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my F350 2006 for about 6 months. Has been in the shop about 8-times. Ford will replace one thing at a time and then it will not start again and I have to have it towed in. I am in business and it is costing me lost time and production. Ford refuses to change all the fuel injectors. The last 3-times I had it towed in it only ran for about one week between tow ins. At first when Ford would work on it and when I got it back it ran okay but all of a sudden would not crank. Now it doesn't run smoothly and then fails to crank.

Any ideas for Ford? Has anyone else had a similar problem that the dealor has found a solution to?

·
Premium Member
6,449 Posts
2 words. Lemon Law. The dealers do not care about you or the problems with your rig. We've dealt with this problem ever since we started buying 6.0 trucks in '04. The trucks are at best hit and miss so if you have one that misses get rid of it. Sorry to the guys that have good 6.0s

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Need more information than provided in the above post. Are there DTCs? Under what conditions does it fail to start? What part (s) were replaced etc.? For what it's worth, I just had a gentleman bring his 2006 F-350 truck in for a complaint of engine running rough. Apparently "his mechanic" said it needed new injectors. This truck was well outside of warranty. After some quick diagnosis, I determined it needed a FICM replaced. Even after the diagnosis and authorization to replace the FICM to correct the issue, he still didn't believe me. I told him, "I'd be happy to replace all eight injectors if want. Whether or not that will fix your problem is another story though". This is just because "his mechanic" said it needed eight injectors. He told me, "well alright, but if this problem is still there, I'm coming back and you're fixing it FOR FREE". I never heard back from him after I replaced the FICM and sent him on his way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Need more information than provided in the above post. Are there DTCs? Under what conditions does it fail to start? What part (s) were replaced etc.? For what it's worth, I just had a gentleman bring his 2006 F-350 truck in for a complaint of engine running rough. Apparently "his mechanic" said it needed new injectors. This truck was well outside of warranty. After some quick diagnosis, I determined it needed a FICM replaced. Even after the diagnosis and authorization to replace the FICM to correct the issue, he still didn't believe me. I told him, "I'd be happy to replace all eight injectors if want. Whether or not that will fix your problem is another story though". This is just because "his mechanic" said it needed eight injectors. He told me, "well alright, but if this problem is still there, I'm coming back and you're fixing it FOR FREE". I never heard back from him after I replaced the FICM and sent him on his way.
The following are the items that have been done that I have written down: (1) Replaced #3 and #7 fuel injectors, also replaced fuel regulator. (2) Replaced plug under right valve. Check for leaks found none. Reinstall valve cover. (3) #1 and #8 Injectors replaced, Turborcharger and pump replaced. (4)Replaced #5 valve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The following are the items that have been done that I have written down: (1) Replaced #3 and #7 fuel injectors, also replaced fuel regulator. (2) Replaced plug under right valve. Check for leaks found none. Reinstall valve cover. (3) #1 and #8 Injectors replaced, Turborcharger and pump replaced. (4)Replaced #5 valve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 2003 GMC that never gave me any problems until 126,000 miles. Took it in and even though it was out of warranty, GMC covered the replacement of all 8 fuel injectors.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
The part highlighted in bold red indicate to me that the STC fitting along with the dummy rail plug under the left valve cover should've been replaced as well, to eliminate ALL common high pressure oil system leaks that are known for 2006 model years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts