Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my truck back from the dealership and now it has an anoying vibration at idle. It sounds like the exhaust is vibrating. I checked all of the connections on the exhaust and everything is tight. It vibrates so much that you can see things under the hood vibrating.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Did you check the back of the head and trans cross member? Those are the two spots mine rub at.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet, i'm going to install a Banks Cold Air Intake this weekend so i'm going to poke around a little more. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the vibration. THE ***HOLES AT THE DEALERSHIP BROKE MY FAN SHROUD IN TWO PLACES WHEN THEY WORKED ON IT LAST. The parts changer was either too lazy or just didn't know that there are two bolts at the bottom of the shroud. He just broke it off.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
glad you figured it out. now bring it back and have them replace it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Believe me, they got an earfull from me on Friday. I also installed my banks high ram intake. It makes a big difference in low end power. While I was changing that out, i decided to pull my egr valve to take a look at it. Guess what? Gummed up big time! The dealership had checked it a week ago and lied to me and told me that they had pulled it and it was clean and dry. Wrong wrong wrong. Needless to say, they are also giving me a new egr valve.

To all in the Baton Rouge area; Stay far away from Robinson Brothers Ford.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts