Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have a 2003 f250 4x4 6.0L. Randomly, while either stopped at a light or stop sign, the engine surges briefly. This has also happened while moving very slow in bumper to bumper traffic. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Failing icp/pigtail, can you monitor or pull codes?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
yes - I've been getting P2285 Injector Control Pressure Sensor Circuit Low.
Your icp is under the turbo and prone to failure along with the pigtail. Usually accompanied with oil leakage. What are your icp numbers when this happens?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I'm going to show my ignorance ... I don't know what these numbers are or where to find them. I don't have any on-board engine monitoring systems. Purchased this one year ago - previous owner may taken it out....

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Now I'm going to show my ignorance ... I don't know what these numbers are or where to find them. I don't have any on-board engine monitoring systems. Purchased this one year ago - previous owner may taken it out....
Ok, thought you had a monitor. So, only thing to assume without a monitor, change the icp and pigtail. You need a monitor.....http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259257

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi - I'm about to order the new sensor and pigtail - are you (or does anyone) know where to find some instructions on how to replace this? If it is under the turbo, does that mean the turbo has to come out? (I do know that my ICP is not near the alternator like some models) Thanks again

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Hi - I'm about to order the new sensor and pigtail - are you (or does anyone) know where to find some instructions on how to replace this? If it is under the turbo, does that mean the turbo has to come out? (I do know that my ICP is not near the alternator like some models) Thanks again
Yours is under the turbo, google and youtube will help you with icp replacement. You may need a crows foot, easy to find.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Completed the ICP replacement on Friday - did it from below while parked in my driveway .... couldn't see what I was doing... had to work mostly blind and by feel... anyway, got the job done!! Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm having similar issues and don't have any monitoring system either. What monitor would you recommend?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
thanks, i appreciate the insight!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts