Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!
Set out for the store today and less than a mile down the road the engine slowed down while I was holding the pedal at the same place. When I let off the pedal and hit it again the truck sped up. A little further down the road it width same thing, let-off and pumping the pedal got it going again. It did this probably 4 or 5 times in the first couple miles so I turned around to bring it back home.

It feels like I let off the gas but Im holding the pedal steady.

2014 F350 DRW 6.7L 108,000 mi
Checked the OBD codes with my scanner and there were none.
DEF level says it's good

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Take a look at the brake pedal to be sure the return spring and switch are working and the pedal is coming all the way up

Reactions: GregWork

·
Registered
95 Posts
The truck is too smart for us. IIRC , If it thinks the brakes are applied, it may reduce power.
If the abs is detecting the brake pedal applied while acceleration is detected it can think there is a stuck accelerator and to avoid a catastrophic accident begin to slow the engine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
if you have forscan or a decent scan tool that can monitor PIDs from multiple modules, monitor PIDs BOO1 and BOO2. those are the ones that will tell you if you are experiencing a brake over accelerator issue. happens more than you think. if thats the case, check the brake pedal switch. i think its half blue half white with a plunger end sticking out that makes contact with the brake pedal as it comes back up. if you go to take it out, be careful and know that it rotates clockwise to come out. rotating the wrong way WILL break it and then you will have zip ties and duct tape until you replace.

Reactions: TKR

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked up a replacement switch at AutoZone and it's plunger was 3/16 longer than the one from the factory and the black wings on the barrel were all bent up. Brake pedal test looks good, lights up and stays off, just need to take it on the road to know for sure.
Electric blue Plastic Gas Machine Rectangle

·
Registered
95 Posts
Picked up a replacement switch at AutoZone and it's plunger was 3/16 longer than the one from the factory and the black wings on the barrel were all bent up. Brake pedal test looks good, lights up and stays off, just need to take it on the road to know for sure.
View attachment 787690
Keep us updated. I hope it resolves your issue.

Reactions: TKR
1 - 12 of 12 Posts