Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was talking about a coolant flush in another thread and looking for engine serial # before I switch over to ELC. Assuming from the photo that is the number, but having trouble making it out of anyone with better eyes can help. I'm reading 4JU2U-1053797* or 4JU20-1053797*

Assuming ELC/Red coolant is safe on this engine with that serial.

@ars5147 asked me about my oil cooler. When I was looking seemed ok l, but with flashlight got this pic. Looks like o-rings may need replacing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Oil cooler doesn't look bad for the miles. I wouldn't mess with it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If your truck is anything other then an early 99 you can use elc no problem. The injector cups retaining compound wasn't compatible with elc coolant and would become weak causing a leak. If you do have an early 99 and cups have been replaced with the updated retaining compound (I used loctite 680 in my e99) then you can use the elc with no issues. I have had elc in for a couple years now on my early 99 with no issues what so ever.

Re-ringing the cooler isn't a terrible just pretty straight forward just a messy project. If you do decide to do them just make sure to use oem rings and plenty of lube to make sure you don't damage them on the install they fit really snug.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts