Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, i have a 2013 F550 that i did the dpf delete. I used the bullydog GT tuner and a straight pipe exhaust from down pipe back. When it starts getting cold here in canada it starts to smoke blue and the colder it gets it smokes worse until it warms up. If i'm driving it the temp stays up but as soon as i stop it cools down fast. I've tried a winter front and i idle it up to 1300 but when it's -20 celcius it will only warm up to 120 F. Is there a higher temp thermostat that i can put in or what could i do to get rid of the smoking and low coolant temp.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,383 Posts
Unless your tunes are custom it's going to be hard to get the temps up. I'd block 75% of the front end to start, but you are fighting -4* F temps (us lower 48 types) which is WAY lower than I've had to deal with myself.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
That there sounds like you have a bad thermostat to me. You don't need a higher one. You need one that works. I think yours may be stuck open. 120 is really low. That t stat should be closed at that point. The only way to tell is to yank it and test it. But, if it is out, you may as well replace it even if it stays closed until 195f/ 88c
Edit- coldest I've done is +4f but the truck stayed at 170f idling for 30 minutes while I ate lunch.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.