Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where to get an engine manual for the 94-98 7.3 that's worth a darn? I've got the Haynes engine manual, that's "Based on a complete engine rebuild", but it leaves out things like the Huei pump etc. (doesn't even have a single pic with the Huei pump in it, and it only shows the fuel filter bowl once). I also have the Chiltons manual for the same model year, but it's just a general manual, and doesn't cover the motor.

Has anybody been able to get a manual from International Navistar? I know there was a link in the 7.3 tech threads, that was supposed to go to a manual or something, but it doesn't work.

mike

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I have not seen one either and would like one so here is a free bump for you.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yea I want one too and so I think that im going to go to the International dealer and see what they have to say about it....will let you guys know!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's probably the best bet. But, I have no idea where the nearest International dealer is. I don't seem to have very good luck navigating through their web page. (though I saw quite a few in my drive across the country)

mike

·
Registered
320 Posts
Your best bet is to browse Ebay and find you a factory Ford manual. They're on there from time to time for cheap.

That's what I did. :wink[3]:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have all the ford manuals that came with my truck, in cluding the "diesel engine supplement".

As for a "tech manual" specific to my engine, I'll check it out. Certainly can't hurt. But I've found it difficutl just to get parts, as my truck falls into the 1994.5 timeframe. So, some things on my truck, are not standard to the 1995 model.

As I said, I have an "engine manual". But as soon as you look at the pictures in it, and then look at my motor, you quickly say, this isn't your motor. (it is, but it isn't)

mike

·
Registered
573 Posts
i checked ebay all i ever find is ones for the 1995 and there like training service manuels. Tells you how things work not really to fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
I have seen it on Ebay a few times and my dad was one. Its a book called "The 7.3L Powerstroke Bible" for 1994.5 - 1997 trucks. There is also an alternate called "The 7.3L T444E Bible" by the same guys!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some good info there. I'll definitely have to check those out.

mike

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
I am still looking for one cheap enough for me to buy!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Here is where I got mine. Not a bargain by any means. But a good source.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thats a good site pejwoolw...lots of manuals..very nice

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
You can get the manuals pretty cheap on ebay. It's the technician service manual, and they're specific to each individual year. I paid $50 for the engine and I've also bought the body and the EVT manual. They're one of the best things your can buy for your truck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts