Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

New here, but active over at FTE. It was recommended I post here about a specific question I have.

I am trying to find an engine machine shop to possibly rebuild my 6.0 diesel short block. I'm outside of Stockton Ca., so I would prefer a reputable shop recommendation in the Modesto to Sacramento corridor. Can anyone here recommend me a place to go to? SEM in Stockton has their phone disconnected. The other Stockton shop doesn't do our engines. And one in Lodi area is back logged for months. I guess if I have to I can drive as far south as Merced. Or to the East Bay.

Thanks, B.

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
I just contacted my buddy who lives in Roseville. He has a mobile guy that is tops, but he is backlogged and not taking any new customers.
My buddy says many of his friends swear by Orangevale Diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Orangevale Diesel referred me to B&R Head and Block in West Sacramento. So I dropped them a dime today. They told me they would work up a price for a basic rebuild and give me pricing on options. So I will see what that spawns. Thanks, B.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I twice called and talked to someone at B&R Head and Block. Both times I was told they would get me pricing and call back. Did not happen. Oh well. I guess it's time to order up a reman. Thanks. B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts