Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just traded my freind a set of my old tires for a brand new edge easy.... seams to work good but i only have it on the medium setting because when its on hight the check engine light comes on. does anyone know what might make it do this ?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Need more details it could be anything. is it under load, WOT..... etc.
Mark

·
Registered
900 Posts
My buddy had the same thing I think its normal but when its on full I think it throws a code that says something on injection pressure High/Low but not sure. I wouldn't be to worried about it

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when im just around town it dosent come on but when im hualing on the highway building some boost it comes on right way then u take it off high and the light goes off .the truck is just stock with a napa air filter and a 4 inch stright pipe the guy befor me said it has some sorta chip in the computer but i dont know about that for sure but it did do pretty good when i got it but i dono much about that . the trucks a 96 5 speed

·
Registered
512 Posts
Souns like your HPOP is goin out and cant keep up with the demand in oil to run the injectors properly on the high setting.
Mark

·
Registered
523 Posts
Souns like your HPOP is goin out and cant keep up with the demand in oil to run the injectors properly on the high setting.
Mark
That is what I was thinking, but to be more certain on that diagnosis we need to know what code is getting set, not merely that the check engine light comes on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i dont have a code reader il have to take it in and get it read i guess lol it sucks being 1300 kms from home hahaha donk know anywere to get stuff like that done for free lol .

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
1300 km from home? where are you then, somewhere in Alberta?

·
Registered
523 Posts
here in the states almost all of the parts stores will pull codes for free, dunno about up there in the land of the great frozen white.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would rather be in alberta though lol i wanted too go to the auguast black out we had plans to come but i had to save for school god damb next year

1 - 11 of 11 Posts