Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally get the engine running right and fixed, (4 times I had the valve covers off) I can do 8 injectors in 5hrs now. I am good at it.

But Transmission would not work, dropped the pan and well if the was any more metal in it, I could have smelted another transmission :hehe:

Follow it here. http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...st-reverse-all-forward-gears.html#post3081710

I don't have the $ for another trans, rebuilt or used, as the injector and engine issues wiped me out.

Anyone in Alberta have a complete 5r110 cheap?!:shots:

Andy

·
Registered
271 Posts
tonnes goin for 1000-2000 on kijiji, so I saw on my hunt for a used 6.0 motor haha

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah been looking, on there, I was look for some one to say, "Heck Andy, I got one in the garage taking up space, come git it". LOL

Between jobs, start new one Tuesday, going to be a bit B4 i get some scratch together.
Guess I'm stuck driving the project car for a while, 88 GTA with L98 Corvette. :woot:

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
trade ya my trans for your motor haha.
what's your trade? If you are one, I might be able to help ya out

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No trade, I was a Territory Sales Rep, B-4 that I built Firetrucks in Red Deer.

I'm a Jack of all Trades, Master of None LOL

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Trans found, meeting a gent in Edmonton, Wednesday,
09 trans, and he has the 6.0 TC and Flex plate for it. 6 bolt vs 8 bolt on the 6.4, Stronger internals, and a deeper 1st gear, is my understanding.

I can hardly wait to get the beast on the road. I mean the GTA has been a blast to drive, but I miss the beast. Plus no way the GTA is pulling a 33ft 5er.

Got 2 days off to do the swap.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, Swap went well, truck accepted the 09 transmission, all better now. PITA but we did it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts