Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine air filter light came on yesterday. It hasn't ever been on before...well since I bought it 3 months ago.

I put in a new air filter 2 weeks ago.

What else might cause that light to come on?

I also notice surging when driving...feels like driving into a very gusty head wind...

Thoughts? Ideas? If you have an idea, could you give approximate $$$ to fix?

Thanks!
Patrick

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Check the gauge minder on the filter housing.... Mine broke in half. Luckily all the pieces were there so I ended up gluing it back together. if you replaced the filter it is likely you might have broken or unplugged it. I would also think if the filter is two weeks old you might have other issues besides the filter.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, what codes would/could come up with the engine air filter light?

I was told yesterday by a fairly knowledgable individual that mass air flow issues and egr issues would trigger a check engine light rather than an engine air filter light...

Thanks!
Patrick

·
Compression Ignition Addict
6,302 Posts
Did you do what posts #2 and #3 suggested?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked at the filter minder and it appears to be broken...it has the outer plastic cup but nothing really to press to reset.

So from what I understand...that sensor/circuit works on vacuum...since my minder is wide open, there shouldn't be a vacuum issue (well...it should be pulling with no problem...no restriction) and shouldn't trip the light...is that accurate er no?

I also had a couple extra minutes and ran my Superchips Diagnostics...it came back with the following DTC

P0341
P0470

Which according to Ford OBDII Diagnostic Trouble Codes - Overview .: Articles is...

Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
and
Exhaust Pressure Sensor Malfunction

How much can I rely on the Superchips for being accurate codes?
Would the P0470 trip the engine air filter light?

Thanks,
Patrick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts