Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
For all those who think we are running low on oil.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
There would be no point in having only a small amout of oil offlimits.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
i couldn't get the vid to run...

·
Registered
221 Posts
THIS IS NOT A LIE I've heard about all this. Its our govt trying ro use the rest of the worlds oil first:doh:

·
Desert Storm Vet
638 Posts
It is criminal what we are paying, even if this were not true. we need to eliminate the 535 members of congress and start over. it's pretty bad when the mob has more integrity than our government. If these lard [email protected]@es would get off of theirs once in their miserable lives, we might have a quality of life like we used to have.

But yes, I have heard about this as well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
So much for robing from the rich and giving to the poor! Is it now rob from every one and give to my self? Land of the free too pay more and do what your told to do! Sometimes IMO!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
And what about all the wells that have been caped that still have oil in them.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Of course there is no real shortage. The shortage is artificial. Because of the environmentalist and the power they have over the government the oil company’s can’t drill where the oil is. They have to settle for the very difficult places like 10,000 foot off shore wells etc. The cost of drilling goes up, so goes fuel cost. By limiting the drilling we are forced to buy from OPEC, and we all know how they feel about free trade pricing.:hehe:

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Of course there is no real shortage. The shortage is artificial. Because of the environmentalist and the power they have over the government the oil company’s can’t drill where the oil is. They have to settle for the very difficult places like 10,000 foot off shore wells etc. The cost of drilling goes up, so goes fuel cost. By limiting the drilling we are forced to buy from OPEC, and we all know how they feel about free trade pricing.:hehe:
You do realize that rising cost should only be responsible to overcome the rise in overhead, not used to produce record profits.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The real question is How do we get our government to do something before this country is in a recession. We are headed for one now. Problem is when was the last time someone from congress or the President actually paid for their own gas ? when was the last time they paid for oil ? they don't even know what the prices are for oil, gas or food. Someone shops for them and we foot the bill. It really bothers me when I hear stuff like this and we can't do anything about it.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
The real question is How do we get our government to do something before this country is in a recession. We are headed for one now. Problem is when was the last time someone from congress or the President actually paid for their own gas ? when was the last time they paid for oil ? they don't even know what the prices are for oil, gas or food. Someone shops for them and we foot the bill. It really bothers me when I hear stuff like this and we can't do anything about it.
That's why the founding fathers wanted a government by the poeple, of the people, for the poeple. That means no career politicions let alone 2nd generation politicion.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
wow. gives me something to do for the night... Funny, Marc told me the same thing when we were hanging out last. Makes you grind your teeth.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I love hearing how dubya says GOD tells him what to do, Is he that stupid?
Or did daddy do too much acid before it was considered fun?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow...I don't even know where to start.

- Who the &#!$ are these quaker oats characters in his audience?
- How the hell are his "author, lecturer" credentials in any way convincing? Oh wait, he was the chaplain for BP! What a joke!
- Does he have any geology education?
- Does he understand the other variables that impact oil prices?

I could go on. Believing this is some grand conspiracy may be nice and clean and easy to wrap your head around, but it's far more complex than that. Rather than getting all cozy with these what-if's, why the hell can't we as a nation focus on what IS -- oil price is driven by a commodities market. Oil is a finite resource, regardless of whether you think we're near the end or not. We currently get most of it from people who don't like us. There are other energy options out there, especially for us diesel folks.

This guy has been reading Revelation a little too much. Look out! They're coming after you...

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
You do realize that rising cost should only be responsible to overcome the rise in overhead, not used to produce record profits.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the oil companys. The mark up percentage wise on a gallon of gas or diesel is a lot less than many other products we buy. Try software or the CD you just bought. The profits come from the incress in demand. This last holiday was some kind of a record for the drop in fuel usage. Check the profits in a month or two. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts