Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after my truck has been warmed up and running for awhile my emergency brake and abs light come on the dash... when i turn the truck off and restart it, it comes back on quickly if the truck has already warmed up. if it's not warm it takes it like 30 minutes to come on.... why is it coming on randomly???

·
Registered
9 Posts
problem

I had a problem similar to this recently on my 95. It turned out to be my vacuum pump was wearing out, when cold it worked ok for a while but after warming up it started to not work so well. I replaced it and it turned the light off. About 100 to 120 bucks. Check it by pulling off the vacuum tube that goes to the brake booster, and put your finger over it, you should feel a good suction. Mine had very little to none when it warmed up.

Medimus

·
Registered
234 Posts
My bet its the vacunm pump

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, i would have never thought of that actually...

·
Registered
234 Posts
No problem I'm on my 4th one seems to wear out around the end of the warrenty this time I got the lifetime warrenty

·
Registered
507 Posts
Ya it's the vac pump. My roomate's 97 did the exact same thing !

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it hasn't happened once since i posted this! haha but i'm flat out broke so i probably won't get around to replacing the vac pump until a fairy drops a bag full of money on my door, or until the thing completely goes out and i have to LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts