Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How will an vgt-ss turbo and stock injectors work together? Laggy, slow spool up, about the same as stock? Will it be alright until I get injectors? Thanks

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I ran a VGT-SS for about a year with stock sicks and factory fuel system with no problems at all. It actually spooled a little quicker. So you will be fine until you get the injectors.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
07 stroker, how much performance gain was there with just stock injectors? Do you still have your vgt-ss?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
There was a little gain, some say about 30 hp but i never put it on a dyno so i cant say for sure. I still have it but its in pieces.. lol Im running an 03 turbo now.

·
Registered
464 Posts
How about stage 2 vgt from industrial injection?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
like all turbos and the people who sell them.....its hit or miss..... the elite vgt ss is proven

·
Registered
464 Posts
Can u still tow with the elite ss? And what's the difference between the vgt stge 2 and elite ss?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Also how about the vgt ho?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will this turbo help clean up the left over smoke that I have and reduce my EGTs?

·
Registered
287 Posts
SS is a great turbo for every day use with stock injectors to 190s or 200s. You can tow with it and have no issues. The HO on the other hand is a great turbo for a street/strip truck. As long as you dont tow with it your fine. I loved both my SS and HO but the SS is better for all around use.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is it true the SS is as loud as an 03 turbo?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
The SS is louder than a 03 turbo.

·
Registered
459 Posts
stock sticks will have a hard time spooling the HO. its a little laggy but that turbo makes power. i made 574 on fuel with my 205s from elite. why do you want an ss? are you planning on injectors soon , or is you stocker worn out? the stock turbo does pretty well. guys are getting over 500 out of them with 190s and proper tuning.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stock sticks will have a hard time spooling the HO. its a little laggy but that turbo makes power. i made 574 on fuel with my 205s from elite. why do you want an ss? are you planning on injectors soon , or is you stocker worn out? the stock turbo does pretty well. guys are getting over 500 out of them with 190s and proper tuning.
I got a real good deal on one, and I plan on injectors down the road.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if its a real good deal buy it but i wouldnt put it on till you get your sticks. you will be much happier that way. :thumb:
What will it drive like if I put it on with stock sticks?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts