Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my EBV is leaking oil and I’m ditching it. My question to you guys are what parts should I replace while I’m right there. The pedestal obviously, and I will replace any seals/gaskets that are in there. But anything else while it’s torn apart? Pipes? Also does brand really matter on a part like this? I’d also take any tricks/tips on the process.
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
I would go with a Garret turbo pedestal, I tried a cheaper brand and it wasn't machined right so it kept leaking, or you can just pull the rod out of your stock pedestal, tap the hole and put a plug in it, you will also need a EBPV delete flange. Your factory up-pipes will fall apart when you go to remove the turbo so replacing them with a set of bellowed up-pipes is a good idea.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Since you are pulling the turbo you should replace the up pipes, I went with the Rotomaster pedestal from Advance Auto parts, it fit fine and has had no issues. It's a messy job to say the least, you will also need a high flow exhaust housing since you are eliminating the valve, and a turbo installation kit which is new bolts and seals. Also since the turbo is out this is a great time to upgrade the compressor wheel from KC turbo.

Tips:
Use plenty of liquid wrench or PB blaster on all of the bolts and clamps.
Have some type of heavy blanket or foam to lay across the engine.
Good quality tools with long extensions and swivel adapters and a good torgue wrench.
Take pictures for future reference in case you forget where something went.
Take you're time, the first time is always the hardest. I've had my turbo off three times because of leaking EBPV twice and then the last time the turbo seal failed.

I'm sure I've forgotten some stuff, but this is a good start:wink:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
rebuild the turbo while its off

·
Registered
13 Posts
My OEM setup is leaking too and the valve is closing when it shouldn't. I just ordered a non EBPV pedestal & high flow outlet from Riffraff diesel. Got the Riffraff brand, never had a bad part from them. Get some new outlet bolts and turbo mounting bolts while you're at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts