Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Commonly called the EATC, mines got a problem that I haven't been able to find any postings on anywhere. I just bought a 2005 F350. I thought I had an AC problem, it just wasn't getting cool enough when moving. I do know that these truck need to be moving to get any cold air, my F150 did the same thing. Anyway, took it to the dealer and they said the outside temperature sensor was bad. It was showing 50 degrees to the EATC and it wouldn't allow full cooling. I ok'd the sensor to be replaced. They said the AC was now working correctly. When I picked up the truck, the outside temperature on the climate controls was still showing 50 degrees!!! I figured they hadn't changed sensor. Talked to the mechanic and he said the sensor was changed, the actual EATC is seeing the correct outside temperature but the inside display is stuck at 50 degrees!! Is my next move to buy a new EATC and if so how big of job is it put one of these in? Or just maybe, please maybe, is there another fix? I really don't need the outside temperature function but I'd like to know that it's working.

Thanks

Fred

1 - 1 of 1 Posts