Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my starter break off the trans the other night while I was trying to leave work and ended up having to put a new one on in the parking lot. When I did it I didn’t disconnect the batteries because I’m a big dummy and shorted the starter on the frame. When I tried to start the truck I hit the key and just heard clicking. I looked up and found out I could touch the wire to the battery and jump it off like that and that’s how I got it started. I replaced the relay for the starter and now it does a half crank then stops and clicks under the dash. After I got everything done I put it in reverse and it had full power going back but when I put it in drive it had barely any power at all. So I figured out that it’s stuck in probably 4th gear and even if I try to drop it in manual 1-2-3 it won’t affect it at all. So there’s 2 problems maybe separate or maybe 1 thing messing them both up. What could it be? I was thinking maybe 1 of the computers but I’m garbage at electrical work. Thanks for your time

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
In my signature block if you look at the Block Diagram on page 96, it could give you something. If you can't see it, do a google search for "6.0 Bible pdf," and that is the book.

From what I see, the only thing extra you can do is disconnect the batteries and trace the thick 12 V wires from the starter to look for any burns or chips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts