Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am adding these lights
to my '96 cclb. The truck didn't have the lights to begin with, but I really like the look of them. I decided to go with stock look lights. The kit is a very inexpensive one, and uses crimp-connect wiring harnesses, which aren't great, but I didn't feel like shelling out the dough for a factory one.

I'm wondering if I can just add this onto the parking light circuit, using a jumper wire. I want to know if I'm going to draw too much current on the factory parking light wire if I power it from there, or whether I should use a relay using the switched parking light wire as the turn-on lead and a separate power wire circuit. I don't honestly know the wattage of the bulbs, but they are conventional, not LED, so they'll draw the same as the stock units would have.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well damn, Brad. If I'd seen those, I would've gone for that option. As it is, I already bought and opened the kit I bought. I did check with the local junkyard though--no trucks with cab lights intact. Hopefully this ill work alright. Thanks for the info, yngbuck. As long as it works and all the lights are lit, I'm happy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.