Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hazard flashers do not work. So my question is are the hazards and turn signals on the same circuit or different ones?

·
Registered
523 Posts
sometimes they have a separate fuse, I don't know if ours do. A possibility is the flasher unit itself.

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
There is a big round relay (hope terminology is correct) at the base of the fuse box in the dash, drivers side. I had to replace mine when the hazards quit working.
Craig

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a big round relay (hope terminology is correct) at the base of the fuse box in the dash, drivers side. I had to replace mine when the hazards quit working.
Craig
Did your turn signals still work when your hazards quit working?

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
There is 2 flashers, Hazard is on back of dash fuse panel, hazard power is shared with brake lights, if brake lights function, hazard circuit is getting power. Dicker with the hazard switch, push up and down repeatedly and wiggle it, sometimes dust will cause the hazard button to stick and not complete a connection. If flasher and fuse are good, suspect worn multi-function switch.

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
ill agree with the possible mutli function switch causig concern , they have given some problems over the years , both hazards and turn signals go thru it , and are on same cicuit from multi function switch out , if i remember correctly they do have seperate feed power fuses, may be wrong on that

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, thanks. I was thinking the switch was a good possibility

·
Transmission or Injectors
743 Posts
I had the same problem with mine, and it was close to the multi-function switch. The connector that had all the wires for the multifunction switch was not holding wire going to the hazards, and it just pushed backwards out of the connector, causing it to not make contact when the connector was in all the way. I just had to push the wire back into the connector, and all was good. To ensure it stayed in, I think I put a small cable tie around the hazard wire tying it to another wire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts