Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 F250 recently started giving me fits with electric gremlins.Intermitently I lose all dash lights and radio and the OD off light keeps flashing.Engine has not quit during this but I'm sure thats soon to follow.Also,occasionaly there is no power to ignition switch, but a quick slam of the door seems to remedy that.I have +/- 6000 miles on a new 7.3.Its equipped with a Banks compressor wheel,AEM Brute Force Intake,4'' stainless duals and a Bully Dog 4bank chip.Some other posts identify some of the same symptoms,but I haven't seen all of my symptoms listed in the sane post.Anyone have these same problems,anyone have a clue as to what the problem may be?Thanks in advance.Also, engine was changed at 115,000 miles due to water ingestion,my Super Duty wasn't so super that day.:doh:

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,885 Posts
The OD OFF switch blinking means your transmission is throwing a code. You need to check it, or have it checked for codes.

Check all your harnessess under the dash, and make sure they are all plugged in, check fuese, etc... If someone has never done a "driveway" install on something under there you should just have something loose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just scanned

Just had my mech. scan for codes.No trans codes present,4 engine codes,all concerning low voltage. Cleared all codes,checked all plugs under dash,now we wait and see if any codes pop up again.Thanks for the info,hope alls well now.Time to hunt a few more Hemis,taste like chicken!:icon_ford:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts