Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my truck up to come home form work, let it warm up for 5min, came back, and the shifter was stuck in park(automatic) and the abs light was flashing. Since I have had this happen once before quite some time ago I knew to change the # 13 15amp fuse. I did so and drove out. After I stopped to close the gate, it had blown again. Now I was mad. I found another fuse, jammed it in and pulled it in gear right before it blew again. Then i got a few blocks away and I went to signal and saw the flash of a fuse and lost my signal. My brake lights as well. I was too scared to flick from low to high beams from fear of losing all my lights. Would be great in a snow storm. All my other lights and accessories work.

Do I have a short somewhere in my fuse box? Heard of this before? I have to get to work tomorrow. Any ideas where to start. I am going to look for a short around the box but after that I am lost on where to look.

Any ideas would be great, thanks.

Ian

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Followed the wires from my brake pedal sensor, and found that it had been cut and spiliced. Found both wires had some exosed wire. Hard as hell to get at so I just added some tape for now. Its too cold out to do more. Hope that is the problem. Put in a fuse and it did not blow yet so I will find out on the way to work.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't even make it out th driveway before the fuse blew. But I did find the poblem after work. An aftermarket taler wiring adapter that pluged in between a factory plug to add a 4 wire trailer plug. Unplugged it and drove home with no problems. Hope this is it this time.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I know what you're talking about PO's work has been most of my....reasons? to have to work on mine. Later Whit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts