Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all. First off my baby is a 2003 6.0 love her to death. Today when I went out and fired her up she fired and purred like she always does. I went back in the house to let her warm up. When I came back out the dome light was on. When I left the house the door ajar light was on. The windows wouldn’t work and the door lock and unlock wouldn’t work as well. When I got to work I did some looking around and couldn’t find a bad fuse anywhere. I had to get to work so I went to shut the door the dome light stayed on. After a while and some friggin around the dome light went out. My key fab locks and unlocks the doors fine. At the end of the day same problems. When the truck is not running the door lock/unlock button work fine. I’m in need of some HELP.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
There’s a wiring bundle from the door to the truck, probably easiest to start there and trace the wiresas far as you can for anything like brwake or cracks. If you can find some wiring diagrams, you may find a common relay like an accessory relay. Tap lightly on the fuse box and relays to see if that fixes it. 2004 MY wiring diagrams are here: 6.0L Electrical Schematics (2004, YMMV)

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I'd like to see some pics of how you fix it, whether jumper wires, a new bundle, or whatever you come up with.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have another question regarding steering issues. I ha e replaced all tie rod ends,drag link, steering box they were all due I figured. My problem now is I still have a lot of play in my steering wheel. With the truck off. I grab the steering shaft and watch the pitman arm. When I move the steering shaft left and right I notice the pitman arm where it connects to the draglink(tie rod end) pivots or lifts on one side depending on the direction I turn the steering shaft. Same when I turn it the other way. All of my steering wheel play is caused by this. My question is does anyone know a possible solution to this. I have asked some people and some say but a new tie rod end. Others say buy a new pitman arm. Curious on people remedies.
thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My next day off I’ll see if I can take it apart again and snap some pics. All I did was cut the fraud piece out took a new piece of wire soldiered it in and used some heat shrink over it to reinforce it.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
My next day off I’ll see if I can take it apart again and snap some pics. All I did was cut the fraud piece out took a new piece of wire soldiered it in and used some heat shrink over it to reinforce it.
No need for the trouble. Thanks though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.