Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I have a 2015 f350 king ranch
I recently bought a cab roof panel and a headliner from a non sunroof truck and had the bodywork done to remove the sunroof. I am 6’6” and too tall for the damn thing. All is good now except for that the back sliding glass does not work unless the sunroof motor is plugged in. I was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram or knew which two wires I need to jump for continuity. It’s either that or leave the motor up there bouncing around above the headliner
Thanks, Nate

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
It's probably less of a wiring problem and more of a BCM programming problem.

The truck is configured in its BCM to watch for sunroof and rear window continuity, and they may be on the same virtual circuit that the computer looks for. If one is awry, it will lock out both, in other words. I don't know for a fact that they're both on the same channel in the BCM, but I would bet on it.

Temporary workaround is to leave the motor plugged in; play around in forscan, etc.

Quite interesting that you went from having a sunroof to deleting it lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn’t think of the bcm. Anyways I got up there and they had it figured out. Don’t know which wire they jumped for the continuity but I will pull the back ceiling light out later and look. Man the sunroof never was an issue in the older trucks. It was right but my head didn’t touch. In the new body style with the airbags in the roof and the sunroof my head was jammed hard against the liner. I had to drive on a lean with the seat leaned way back and keep the slider open. It’s a world of difference now. By the way I bought the truck sight unseen based on clean car fax and oasis reports. None of the sales ads had pictures of the sunroof or it would have been a no go. But I got such a good deal on it being it is a long wheel base that I’m still money ahead doing the work.
Oem cab panel was $650
Headliner was $1100
New overhead console was $110
all other parts,brackets paint and a new windshield and labor at body shop was $2200. Truck is perfect now for me.

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts
See if these will help you isolate the problem.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts