Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this Deer whistle looking thing behind my grill when I bought the trick a few months ago. Couldnt figure it out I disconnected it and doesn't have electrical connections on one side of it. Here's what it looks like. If anyone knows what it is please let me know.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Outside air temp sensor

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mine has that too but I dont have a temp display anywhere. I didnt think any superduty had temp display. I always thought it was the optic "thing" that allowed the automatic headlights to come on when it gets dark

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
The light sensor is on ur dash in the middle close to the windshield. Mine displays temp on the digital ac control unit

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
is it the plug for the factory fog lights wiring?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MTS678, where on an xlt with out a digital a/c control show the temp for outside, because I dont think I have one on mine.

Travis, It doesnt appear to be the fog lamp harness because i cant find the match on the other side. I have a Warn front end and Im not sure if the truck had stock fog lamps and werent installed on the new bumper, wouldnt the harness for the lamps be closer to the bottom?

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Ah didn't know it was an xlt, my forum
App doesn't show signatures. I have a lariat, your truck may be provisioned to read outside temp but you just don't have the digital ac unit. But that's what that deal is, outside temp sensor

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
393 Posts
Travis, It doesnt appear to be the fog lamp harness because i cant find the match on the other side. I have a Warn front end and Im not sure if the truck had stock fog lamps and werent installed on the new bumper, wouldnt the harness for the lamps be closer to the bottom?
Just to let you know, for the fog lights, the two fog lights are connected all on the one wiring harness running to the singular connector on the driver side next to the intercooler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts