Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you gear heads know if anyone manufactures an electric water pump for the F250 7.3 liter PSD Turbo 2001?

·
Registered
959 Posts
With the way the water pass through the front cover I highly doubt you are going to find any kind of electric water pump.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
evidently electric water pumps reduce drag on the engine and increase horse power. I was thinking about the potential increase in MPG as well. I saw them first on the Cable tv show Horsepower tv.

·
Registered
959 Posts
On an engine like a small block 350 the way the stock pump mounts it's not to hard to mount one like that. However on our trucks it'd be a lot harder to do. Besides with the amount of torque these things make I'd bet you'd be hard pressed to get a couple ponies out of it. It would probably not be enough to make a difference.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Turning the water pump on a diesel is more or less an after thought.
:confused::confused::confused: How is that? You don't think they need a cooling system?:confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
It seems to me that energy is energy, energy cannot be created or destroyed, and if you remove the drag of the water pump and then add to the electrical system then you would just move the drag to the alternator.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Now maybe an electric fan could help. It seems to me like while the engine revs up the fan could cause a lot of drag but if it were electric then it would run steady and only when needed and the batteries would buffer the power consumption and space it out over time.

What the heck am I talking about a 7.3+ liter modded out and burning the tires off a 8,000# truck probably wouldn’t notice the difference.

·
Registered
433 Posts
lol i have to agree w/Alabama.

·
Registered
959 Posts
What the heck am I talking about a 7.3+ liter modded out and burning the tires off a 8,000# truck probably wouldn’t notice the difference.
Now you're getting it!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
It seems to me that energy is energy, energy cannot be created or destroyed, and if you remove the drag of the water pump and then add to the electrical system then you would just move the drag to the alternator.
Only problem with that is... the alternator is huge on these trucks. Mine puts out 200amps or so. The diesel doesn't need that much.

Now maybe an electric fan could help. It seems to me like while the engine revs up the fan could cause a lot of drag but if it were electric then it would run steady and only when needed and the batteries would buffer the power consumption and space it out over time.

I wouldn't know anything about that. :liar

What the heck am I talking about a 7.3+ liter modded out and burning the tires off a 8,000# truck probably wouldn’t notice the difference. Yes sir, it will.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts