Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks, here it is, when I bought my truck, The key fob/remote did not work.... the LED didn't light up, so I just figured I would put a new battery in it, and NP.....well, turns out, it was broken, the battery clip was seperated from the green board.

I have since soldered it back to the board and put in a new battery, and the LED lights up, but it won't program for the locks, and the Electric start doesn't work, either. I don't know how to program the remote for the electric start, so any input would be apreciated.

There is an electric start on it, there is a factory sticker that has an "Caution, Electric Start" warning on the battery box.

Ideas? Knowledge of how to look further into it, or program the remote?

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, at this point, I believe it is an old DEI "Avital" remote start, I cant find the module tho, so I wonder if it was removed. There WAS on on it, the antena is clearly visible and the sticker wasn't added for looks, lol. :hehe:

Any help would still be apreciated. :tard:

·
Banned
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the simple solution is to get a newer remote start /alarm, I use the marksman alarm system. then go to your local stereo for installation
Obviously I could buy one, but it aint worth it.... I don't want it THAT bad... It's just one of those things... it there so it should work. :dunno:

If I h ave to buy a remote, fine, no biggie. But I am not buying a system or paying to have it installed. Like I said, Don't want it that bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts