Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've bought my rig the back drivers side door has no power, windows or locks. Pulled the door panel. Everything is plugged in, plugs between the front and back are plugged in. Any thoughts or wire shooting advice. If i hit the window switch on the drivers control panel there is a faint sound from the back door. Wonder if the drivers door switch is going bad? Just strange the lock doesn't work either.

Thanks
vandy

·
Registered
228 Posts
Check the wires in the door jamb where thay bend

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Get some electrical connection cleaner and squirt it into the switches. Mine were dirty as **** on the inside, and felt like they were broken and not working until I cleaned them real good. Now they work good as new.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
With a DVOM hooked into the window motors hot wire, do you see full voltage when you hit the button?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
The wire harness that leads from the cab to the door is wore/broken. Regardless of the condition of the outside boot I bet if you open that wire harness you will see chafing, broken wires, etc.

It was that way with mine and I thought I fixed them all once, and I did. But now I am getting no powers to drivers speakers all of a sudden. So my point is there is a lot of important stuff that runs through that harness.

I believe a member here said his wires were so hot they burnt him when he discovered it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts